Having a steam shower at the comfort of your home can be amazing! You can’t deny the benefits of steam for your skin. But, if you are wondering how to make a steam shower at home then you are in the right place!
Some people might find it a hassle to build a steam shower at home as it might require a lot of planning. But that’s not the case! You have to be a little vigilant and know what exactly to do! Just select the right materials and if everything is overwhelming for you, hire a professional. After all, they have the expertise and know what would be the most viable option.
Read on for more information.
Making A Steam Shower At Home
You might be interested in knowing how a steam shower works. A steam generator would convert the cold water into steam by heating it up to the boiling point. Using the digital controls of the steam shower, you can set the temperature you like! It would be like a luxury spa but in the comfort of your very own home. Gone are the days when such a luxury was available only at your spa! Now, you can bring the spa home!
Have A Seat in Your Steam Shower
It would be best to have a seat in your steam shower. A built-in bench can be a suitable choice. Or maybe you can find the seat as per your choice. Also, make sure that you are aware of the weight-bearing capacity of the seat. Besides, make sure the steam controller is near the seat! It would be easy for the person to control the steam temperature.
Consider the Temperature Limits When Choosing the Materials
You have to keep the temperature limits in mind when you plan on choosing the materials for your steam shower. If you are using plastic, you should know that the steam temperature would be hot.
Consider Installing A Shower Door
You can get a special shower door for your steam room! Such a door would help in maintaining the temperature inside plus, the ambiance. Installing this door would be important! You can get professional help for installation purposes.
Steam Generator Installation
You have to install a steam generator. Follow the instructions of the steam generator manufacturer and do the final touches. Just be sure that everything is working appropriately.
If you find it tough to make a steam shower at home there are tons of ideas available for inspiration. You can find the one that’s suitable for your house and especially for your bathroom.
Call the Help from the Professionals
Hire an expert who can successfully make a steam shower for you at the comfort of your home. The professionals have sound knowledge about how much voltage would be necessary. Make sure you don’t attempt anything that you don’t understand. Despite that, there are tons of articles available online, consider the experts if you can!
Important Things To Consider Before You Make A Steam Shower At Home
But before you move on it is important to keep the following points in mind:
- Make sure the door is tightly sealed. Hence, using a special door would be a good idea. You don’t want the steam to flow outside!
- Any kind of exposed plaster in your bathroom is likely to become soggy because of the steam shower. Make sure you are keeping an eye on such things! You don’t want to ruin your bathroom.
- Use a grout sealer for filling up holes of any kind! When you are installing the steam shower, you have to keep an eye on even the small details.
- Make sure you are using the right generator for your home. Select it wisely. Do a little research on what type of generator would be suitable for your home.
- Make sure the area which you select for the steam shower is of a suitable size. It shouldn’t be too small such that fitting in would be tough. But, if it’s too large you can expect huge energy bills! So keep all such things in mind before the installation process.
- Make sure you are availing of the services of a professional electrician for the installation purpose. It is not suitable to put your head in the things, you don’t understand. Just hire a professional!
- You can consider waterproofing the steam shower at your home. Doing so would help in maintaining the durability of the materials inside your bathroom.
- Do your research before you make a final decision to proceed with the idea of making a steam shower at home. It should be suitable for your house! Ask an expert’s opinion to see what they have to say.
- It would also be a good idea to know the relevant cost of making a steam shower at home. You can keep an eye on the budget for the installation purpose.
Wrapping It Up
Making a steam shower at home can sound quite interesting, but it is important that you are able to follow the relevant instructions. DIY sounds fancy, but attempt it when you actually can install the steam generator.
Plus, you can watch relevant tutorials that can help you with the process. Make sure the generator you select is perfect for your home. Select the area of the right size, a seat, and a special door. The steam controller should be near the seat as it would make it easy for you to adjust the temperature as per your liking!
Make sure there is no exposed drywall or holes in the bathroom. Address the issues before the installation of the steam generator. You would need the help of an electrician for the steam generator installation.